Monday, 28 November 2011

Sashing Disaster!

With 1 block to go I laid them all out on the bed to get an idea of how it was going to look and I quite liked the idea of dark pink background.....

Unfortunately I had already chosen the sashing fabric - a green / pink / blue splodgy pattern. So I laid all this out....

.....and HATED it! The green did nothing for the beautiful background fabric in the blocks, it was far too busy and totally lacking in contrast. What was worse was that it was Saturday night and Busy Bees is closed on Sundays and Mondays - so I had 48 hours to stress over it!
So first chance I got I whizzed over and got Sue and Sandra working hard pulling bolt after bolt of fabric from the shelves to find the PERFECT sashing fabric. We tried everything, green, pink, red, blue but finally decided on black with streaks of blue which looks navy from a distance - PERFECT! I raced home like a woman possessed and sewed until my fingers looked like pincushions.

And heres a glimpse of how it will look when the borders are added (they aren't actually added yet, its just laid out on the bed). I don't want to bang my own drum but I think it looks superb for a first attempt at hand patchworking.

No comments:

Post a Comment